Paying your bill by cheque
If you want to pay your Airtricity bill by cheque, follow these simple steps:
- Complete the remittance advice slip at the bottom of your bill
- Make sure the amount on your cheque corresponds with the total due on your bill
- Make your cheque payable to Airtricity Ltd
- Write your Airtricity account number on the back - without this we can't credit your payment to your account
- Send it to: Airtricity, Accounts Receivable, Airtricity House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
Please allow 5 working days for payment to appear on your Airtricity account.
Topping up your account by cheque
You can make top-up payments to you Airtricity account by cheque. Just make sure your account number is on the reverse of your cheque and it will be credited to your account.
Direct debit customers
If you are a direct debit customer and you choose to pay your bill by cheque, make sure you send your cheque at least 10 days before your payment due date. Cheques received later than this will be rolled over as credit to your next bill and your direct debit will be charged as normal.