24 hr or Standard rate customers
Your energy monitor comes programmed with the SSE Airtricity standard rate of 16.00 cents per kWh. This is the rate before the percentage discount you will receive as part of your Better Saver plan.
When you receive your first bill you will be told your average unit rate. If you wish to change the cents per kWh on your monitor to this rate, follow the instructions below:
- On the display unit hold the ‘up arrow’ for 3 seconds, then release
- You’ll then be prompted to select your currency. Using the ∧ and ∨ buttons, choose €/c, and then press ‘OK’
- The pre-programmed price of 16.00c will start flashing (This is called ‘Normal price’ on the monitor). Using the ∧ ∨ buttons scroll through until you get to the desired rate, then press ‘OK’ twice.
Nightsaver (Day/Night) customers
Having a day/night meter means you pay a different rate for electricity during the night compared to during the day. You can program your energy monitor to take this into account.
Night rates apply from:
- 11:00pm – 8:00am in the winter, and
- 12:00 midnight – 9:00am in the summer.
Follow the instructions above for 24hr customers to set up your day rates. Once you've done this, you can set up your night rates:
- On the display unit press and hold the ‘up arrow’ and ‘down arrow’ together for three seconds and release
- You will prompted to enter your 'low price', this will be your night rate. Using the ‘up arrow’ and ‘down arrow’ scroll through until you get to your rate and press 'OK'
- You'll then be prompted to set which hours the 'low rate' (night rate) starts. Using the arrow buttons first set the time your night rate starts at, then press 'OK'.
- You'll then be prompted to set which hours the 'low rate' (night rate) ends. Using the arrow buttons first set the time your night rate ends at, then press 'OK'.