Seasonal Draw Promotion
Seasonal Draw Promotion
Terms and Conditions: Seasonal Draw Promotion
Airtricity - “One Year’s Free Electricity”
- Airtricity Limited (“Airtricity”) are carrying out promotions pursuant to which eligible entrants may win a prize of ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’ (the “Competition”). How to take part in competition / promotion: In order to be eligible to participate in the Competition, entrants to the Competition must agree to the Terms and Conditions of participation as set out hereunder
- The winner of the Competition (the “Winner”) must be an Airtricity domestic customer for the duration of the prize (12 months commencing on the first day of the first/next billing cycle date after the Winner has been notified by Airtricity (“Term”)).
- Definition of ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’:
- The “One Year’s Free Electricity” is applicable to one domestic Meter Point Reference Number (“MPRN”) in Republic of Ireland.
- The “One Year’s Free Electricity” is calculated based on the Estimated Annual Consumption (“EAC”) of the Winner’s MPRN. The EAC is based on the Winner’s previous twelve months usage prior to the commencement of the Term. If Airtricity does not have access to the previous twelve months usage records in respect of the Winner, Airtricity shall have full and sole discretion to determine the EAC based on its own calculations.
- ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’ will run for twelve consecutive months which will commence on the first day of the first/next billing cycle date after the Winner has been notified by Airtricity.
- The Winner must sign up for payment by direct debit and to receive their bill by eBilling.
- Airtricity will allow the Winner free electricity which shall be capped at the EAC plus 10% of the EAC (“Capped EAC”). Any usage over and above the Capped EAC (as determined by Airtricity) shall be paid by the Winner.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, the amount of the Competition prize will not exceed €1,200 (inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate and associated charges).
- VAT charges associated with the Capped EAC will be paid by Airtricity. VAT charges for any portion of consumption above the Capped EAC shall be paid by the Winner.
- Standard Standing Charges and PSO Levy (if applicable) will be paid by Airtricity (as well as associated VAT amount). PSO rebate will be credited to the Winner’s Airtricity customer supply account.
- All un-metered charges such as disconnection/reconnection charges, meter exchange charges and any other such equivalent charges will be paid by the Winner (full list of un-metered charges may be accessed at: www.my.airtricity.com)
- The closing date for the Competition will be determined by Airtricity in its sole discretion.
- The Winner will be chosen at random by Airtricity at 4 seasonal draws which will take place on 1 November, 1 February, 1 May and 1 August (or on the nearest subsequent working day thereafter).
- The Winner will be notified by telephone within 24 hours (or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter) of being selected at random as the Winner of the Competition and subsequent written notification will be sent to the Winner by post.
- The Winner agrees that details of the Winner (name, town/city, county and photograph) may be posted on Airtricity’s website (www.airtricity.com) and other promotional materials as well as any press releases which may be distributed to national/local media. The Winner also agrees to participate in any promotional activities as well as any press releases in connection with the Competition which Airtricity (in its sole discretion) wishes to the Winner to participate in. Failure by the Winner to agree in accordance with this clause 7 shall result in the prize of “One Year’s Free Electricity” being withdrawn immediately and the Winner shall henceforth be liable to pay for all electricity consumed together with any associated charges (including VAT).
- If the Winner has more than one MPRN with Airtricity, only one MPRN will be awarded with the ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’.
- If the Winner is an existing Airtricity customer, it must have its account fully paid before it is eligible to receive the prize of ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or over and be legally resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- The Winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving a prize.
- There is no limit to the number of entries permitted however the Winner is only entitled to one prize of “One Year’s Free Electricity” and will not be eligible as a winner for any further competitions organised by Airtricity (or any of its affiliates).
- This Competition is not open to employees or family members of Airtricity (or its parent or affiliates), its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition. Furthermore, Airtricity reserves the right to disqualify any entries which it deems, in its sole discretion, to contravene the spirit of the Competition.
- Airtricity reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants to the Competition.
- Airtricity is not responsible for late or incorrectly completed entries or for problems with entries caused by any factors outside its control.
- There shall be no cash alternative to the ‘One Year’s Free Electricity’.
- Airtricity excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to the Winner arising out of the prize awarded as part of the Competition.
- Entry is conditional on acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions and the Winner is responsible for ensuring that any such terms and conditions are complied with (and shall bear the cost of such compliance).
- By entering the Competition the entrant agrees to warrant that all information submitted by it is true, complete and accurate.
- The Competition is organised by Airtricity having a trading address at Airtricity House, Ravenscourt Office Park, Sandyford, Dublin 18.
- Airtricity reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will be posted on Airtricity’s website.
- If there is any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of Airtricity shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with any entrant.
- Airtricity assumes that (and by entering the Competition the entrant warrants that) by entering the Competition or using its website the entrant has legal capacity to enter the Competition and agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Airtricity reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- If any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Airtricity in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement entrant should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- Proof of transmission or posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Airtricity does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.