Daffodil Day 2011!
Daffodil Day 2011!
18 February 2011
It’s the lead up to Daffodil Day 2011 and we’re donating €20 to the Irish Cancer Society for every customer that switches to Airtricity between Monday 21st March & Friday 25th!
So, switch online today and use the promo code ‘Daff2011’ and we can help Daffodil Day reach its fundraising target of a massive 3.8 million euro!
more about Daffodil Day 2011...
5,000 volunteers, including staff volunteers from Airtricity, will take to the streets of Ireland on Friday 25th March with a fundraising target of €3.8 million euro in mind. Funds raised on Daffodil Day are channelled into the following nationwide patient care services;
- National Cancer Helpline (Freefone 1800 200 700) - in 2010 Irish Cancer Society specialist cancer nurses supported 21,206 callers to the National Cancer Helpline which was an increase up from 19,331 calls in 2009.
- Night nursing – in 2010 Irish Cancer Society night nurses provided 7,187 nights of care to almost 2,058 families who were looking after someone at the advanced stage of a cancer illness, which was an increase up from 7,000 nights in 2009.
- Oncology liaison nurses – in 2010 the Irish Cancer Society funded 16 Oncology Liaison Nurses in hospitals across the country to the value of €497,943.
- Financial aid – In 2010 the Irish Cancer Society provided financial aid to the value of over €909,512.
- Cancer information literature – In 2010 the Irish Cancer Society distributed over 210,369 cancer information booklets and factsheets to people concerned about cancer across the country in 2010.
- Daffodil Centres – In 2009, the Irish Cancer Society opened its first Daffodil Centre in Galway University Hospital and a second one in Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9 in 2010 The Daffodil Centres are an extension of the Society’s Cancer Information Service and are there to provide information, advice and support to all those concerned or affected by cancer in the Hospital. The Irish Cancer Society wants to see these centres established in hospitals across Ireland and we are currently in discussions with five other hospitals about opening more Daffodil Centres in 2011.