TERMS & CONDITIONS: INTRODUCE A FRIEND - NORTHERN IRELAND
“Introduce A Friend” Promotion – Terms and Conditions:
- In these Terms and Conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
“Airtricity” Airtricity Energy Supply (Northern Ireland) Limited which is a member of the SSE Group. The Registered Office of Airtricity Energy Supply (Northern Ireland) Limited is 83-85 Great Victoria Street Belfast Northern Ireland BT2 7AF Registered in Northern Ireland No. NI041956.
“Referrer” means a Registered Airtricity domestic electricity customer;
“Referred Customer” means a person (who is not an existing Airtricity domestic electricity customer) who enters into a domestic electricity supply contract with Airtricity having been referred to Airtricity by a Referrer in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
“Registered” means in respect of electricity, the recording by the Meter Registration System Operator of Airtricity as the supplier to the supply point relating to the Referred Customer’s supply address, and “Registration” shall be construed accordingly;
“Promotion Closing Date” means 31st January 2013, being the closing date of this Airtricity “Introduce A Friend” promotion;
“Promotion Launch Date” means 1st December 2011, being the launch date for this Airtricity “Introduce A Friend (Customer)” promotion;
“Promotion Period” means the period commencing on the Promotion Launch Date and terminating on the date prior to the Promotion Closing Date; and
“Registration Cut-Off Date” means 1st May 2012, being the date that a Referred Customer’s Registration is required to be effected in order to be able to participate in this Airtricity “Introduce A Friend (Customer)” promotion.
- For each Referred Customer who has been Registered during the Promotion Period, the Referrer shall receive a £20 credit on its next Airtricity energy bill following the Registration (or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter) (a “Bill Credit”).
- The Referred Customer must switch to Airtricity either: (a) online at www.airtricity.com and insert the correct applicable promotion code – which is “Intro(Referrer’s 6-digit Airtricity customer account number)”, e.g. Intro123456 - in the promotional code field where indicated at the time of sign-up online; or (b) on the phone by calling 0845 601 4321 , mentioning the Airtricity “Introduce A Friend (Customer)” promotion to the Airtricity agent and quoting the Referrer’s 6-digit Airtricity customer account number at the time of sign-up on the phone.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Referred Customer must be a new or returning customer to Airtricity (i.e. it cannot be an existing Airtricity electricity customer and the Referred Customer cannot have the same name and Airtricity account number as the Referrer. For the purposes of this clause, a customer will only be a returning customer if it was previously Registered as an Airtricity customer but has not been Registered as an Airtricity customer for 3 months or more.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Bill Credit will only be credited to an Airtricity customer’s account for referrals that were made during the Promotion Period.
- The Referrer will not receive the Bill Credit if the Referred Customer does not provide the correct Referrer’s Airtricity customer account number and Airtricity (a) does not accept any liability for any such error and (b) is not required to verify the Referrer’s Airtricity customer account number at the Referred Customer’s sign-up. The Bill Credit cannot be transferred to another Airtricity customer account (unless the Referred Customer is moving to new premises and has agreed that the new premises will be supplied by Airtricity). The Bill Credit cannot be redeemed for cash for any reason and it must be credited against a Referred Customer’s current or future Airtricity bills or statements and cannot be refunded for cash.
- The Referrer may refer more than one person under these Terms and Conditions. However, the Referrer is only entitled to one Bill Credit for each Airtricity domestic electricity customer account referred under these Terms and Conditions (i.e. either (a) one Bill Credit for one Airtricity domestic electricity customer account referred to Airtricity under these Terms and Conditions or (b) one Bill Credit for one Airtricity domestic dual fuel account referred to Airtricity under these Terms and Conditions).
- Airtricity’s General Terms and Conditions for the supply of electricity apply to any contract entered into by a Referred Customer. Click here for more information.